-Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do.
-Marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5 features.
-Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology1.
Experience lightning-fast loading with an ultra-high-speed SSD, deeper immersion with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers and 3D Audio,* and an all-new generation of incredible PlayStation® games.
-Maximise your play sessions with near-instant load times for installed PS5™ games.
-The custom integration of the PS5 console’s systems lets creators pull data from the SSD so quickly that they can design games in ways never before possible.
-Immerse yourself in worlds with a new level of realism as rays of light are individually simulated, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections in supported PS5 games.
-Play your favourite PS5 games on your stunning 4K TV.
Up to 120fps with 120Hz output
-Enjoy smooth and fluid high-frame-rate gameplay at up to 120fps for compatible games, with support for 120Hz output on 4K displays.
-With an HDR TV, supported PS5 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colours.
-The PS5 console is compatible with 8K displays through HDMI 2.1 support.
More PS5 console features
-Play a back catalogue of PS4™ games on your PS5 console
-Enjoy faster and smoother frame rates in select PS4 and PS VR games.
Upgrade PS4 games to digital PS5 games
-The PS5 console gives game publishers the ability to let players upgrade their disc and digital PS4 games to digital PS5 games.1
-Connect your PlayStation VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console, you’ll need your PlayStation Camera2 for PS4 and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary).
-Experience haptic feedback via the DualSense wireless controller in select PS5 titles and feel the effects and impact of your in-game actions through dynamic sensory feedback.
-Get to grips with immersive adaptive triggers, featuring dynamic resistance levels which simulate the physical impact of in-game activities in select PS5 games.
Entertainment & content creation
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Icon
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™
Watch 4K Blu-ray discs on your beautiful 4K TV with your PS5 console (excludes PS5 Digital Edition).
4K Streaming Icon – 4K entertainment streaming
-Stream 4K entertainment from your favourite supported apps on PS5 with your 4K TV.
Create/Share Content Icon – Create and share content
-Create screenshots and videos from your gameplay. Share them with other players on PlayStation Network, or on select social media apps.
Held by manufacturer SONY
1. Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. If players have a PS4™ game on Blu-ray™ Disc, they will need to insert the PS4 game disc to see the upgrade path, download the PS5 version and keep the PS4™ game disc inserted each time they play the PS5™ version of the game. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, players need a PS5™ console with a disc drive.
2. Playing PS VR games on a PS5™ console requires a PS VR headset, PlayStation®Camera for PS4™ (Model CUH-ZEY1 or CUH-ZEY2) and a PlayStation®Camera adapter (no purchase required. Visit playstation.com/camera-adaptor for details). For the best PS VR experience on PS5, we recommend using a DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller. Selected games may require PlayStation®Move motion controllers or be compatible with the PlayStation®VR aim controller. The new HD camera for PS5 is not compatible with PS VR. The PS VR headset, PS Camera, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, PS Move controllers and PS VR aim controller are all sold separately from PS5.
3. Account for PlayStation Network required. Full terms apply – playstation.com/PSNTerms.
4. Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, you need a PS5™ console with a disc drive.
5. Available when feature is supported by game.